Edmund's Oast: a review

Since returning to Charleston six months ago, I've had mixed feelings about all the new restaurants in Charleston. You can read all of my reviews for yourselves, at Yelp.com. So I went in to Edmund's Oast with ZERO expectations.

This is the meal I have been searching for since moving here from LA last October. It was perfect, flawless in every way.

The hubs and I had a 7 pm rezzie, and got there 30 minutes early. The very nice hostess said our table was not ready yet and we could have a seat at their (BEAUTIFULLY APPOINTED) bar, and she'd come get us. We were greeted by an uber-friendly bar tender, we ordered a pair of their signature cocktails: A Chathah Artillary Punch and a Tilled Thought, and had a very nice experience just sitting at the bar.

When we finally got seated at our table, our waitress was very friendly, super eager to explain the nightly selections, and actually very relaxed. They serve TAPAS style, so you order a few plates and share them.

We ordered Roasted Green beans, House Pickled Veggies, Cow-Goat-Sheep Cheese Board, Blacks Sea bass Crudo, and a Grouper entrée (with side of farro, carrot purée, and al denté field peas). How was everything? Oh...My...GAWD!!!

First up: Green beans were the best I've ever eaten in my 40+ years of life, 20+ years of being a chef,  and 4 years of backpacking around the world. You just gotta try them once to understand how good they were.

The Pickled Veggies were perfect little crunchy gems of amazingness.

The Cheeseboard had some seriously uber-riche boutique slices of stinky heaven.

The Sea bass Crudo actually sent me into a "Foodgasm"!!!!

The Grouper entrée: Well lets just say that the Grouper did not die in vain.

The hubs and I will be returning again, and often. Stop reading and go there yourself. Run, don't walk, run!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts