The Tattooed Moose: A new gem in Charleston's Culinary Crown Jewels

www.tattooedmoose.com/#home



The Tattooed Moose is a new restaurant in the newly up-and-coming area of North Morrison (or NoMo as the locals call it) that is a Divey-Hipster-Casual-Chic, trending now kind of a bar/gastropub combo. You can't really label this place easily except to say that it is definitely a grown-ups only kind of joint. I have a little kid, and probably would not bring her here as the crowd can be boisterous.

I have been trying to get in to eat at the The Tattooed Moose for several months. Every time I have been in the area, though, the place is so jam-packed I have not been able to get in. This is, as far as I'm concerned, a very good sign that a restaurant is doing something right. The other day I finally scored a seat!

We ( my sister and I) arrived just before noon on a weekday, and the dining room was already packed to capacity. A waitress directed us to the bar, and we were able to score a pair of seats there.

We Ordered the Duck Club Sandwich, The Reuben Sandwich, and a basket of Duck Fat Fries. For the record, the sandwiches and fries come "a la carte" which means that if you order a sandwich(except the burgers, they come with fries) you will have to shell out extra for the fries. If you have read any of my reviews here or on Yelp, or Twitter; you will know how much I hate that practice. I just shelled out $8.50 for some sliced meat on bread, what the hell!?!

B.U.T...this is one restaurant where I can say that for $8.50 you actually get $8.50 worth of SANDWICH!!!

The Duck Club, and the Reuben arrived in front of us, and they were enormous!!!! I mean like, two very large hungry men could easily split one of these and be satisfied, gargantuan-sized "sammies". Thus, on this one single occasion, I did not mind shelling out a little extra for the fries. Oh and they are DUCK FAT fries let's not forget. How did everything tastes, you ask?

Heaven! My Reuben was a giant pile of ooey-gooey cheesey, Russian dressingy, sour krauty, corned beefy amazingness. My sister's duck club was no less delicious. I got a taste of it, and the duck was a perfect example of proper confit technique. With the added order of fries, though, we only ate 1/2 of our sandwiches.But those Fries, those HEAVENLY fries; Oh My Gawd!!!!! I want to die eating those french fries!

The very nice bartender put our left-over sandwiches into a box, we paid our bill, and left several pounds heavier, happy, and in food-comas!

I've found my new favorite, downtown, divey, lunch spot!
the Rueben, baby!!!

Comments

Popular Posts