Cheesy Garlic Knots

Today I am making pizza for dinner. I am taking the easy way out by using pre-made pizza dough and sauce from Trader Joe's. Please don't judge me: I've been on my feet all day, cooking for a living. I can say that the pizza dough from Trader Joe's is the best pre-made dough I've tried to date, so this is what I use when my family wants pizza. But this is not a post about pizza: It's a post about the cheesy garlic knots. They came out amazing! Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Cheesy Garlic Knots
8 oz. (1 cup= 2 sticks) salted butter at room temperature
7-8 cloves garlic-peeled, crushed, and minced 

Whisk the garlic and butter together. set aside.

3 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I use King Arthur Flour exclusively-but whatever you have will do)
1 1/2 tsp. kosher (or sea) salt
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 to 1 1/2 cups of warm (about bathtub temperature) water
2 tsp. instant dry yeast

Place the flour, salt and oil into the the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook in place. mix the yeast and water together, until the yeast has dissolved. Add to the flour mixture and knead on speed 2-3 for 5 minutes. turn out the dough ball, and rub with more olive oil. Preheat your over to 400F.

Place the dough back into the mixing bowl and allow to rise for about 45 minutes, until doubled in size.

Punch down your dough and cut into 8-10 pieces. Roll them into 6-8 inch "worms" (this is the step my daughter does with glee). You can, of course, make them any shape you like, I just love the little knots.

 Tie them into a single knot, and lay them evenly spaced on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each knot with about:

 1Tbs. grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

And basted them liberally with:

1/2 cup of your garlic butter

Bake the knots for 15-18 minutes until the bread is golden brown and lovely. Pull form the oven, pop the knots into a large heat resistant bowl, and add the 1/2 cup of the garlic butter you set aside. Toss the knots and butter together. Add more Parmigiano cheese if you like (I always add more cheese!). Serve hot. Bon appetite!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts